If you have not heard already, my wife Rocio and I are currently on a brand new adventure of our lives. (No, we are not having a baby!) However, in nine months we will be launching a brand new church in Houston, VIVE Church, which will be located right in the inner-city of Houston in the Greater Heights/Northside area.
After years of prayer, we feel that it is time to do what God has called us to do and plant a church.
Who Are We Reaching?
Our desire is to reach both the unchurched (those who have never stepped foot in a church) and the de-churched (those who have simply given up on church).
We want to go after millennials and young families between the ages of 18-40. When we launch, we will be offering services in both English and in Spanish to reach an extremely diverse community.
When Do We Start?
We will be launching services in September, but before then we will be hosting weekly community groups as well as interest meetings.
Why Another Church in Houston?
- Houston is currently the 4th largest city in the nation with a population of over 6,000,000 people in the Houston Metro Area.
- Within ten years it will surpass Chicago to become the 3rd largest city.
- Houston grows at a rate of 259 new people each and every day.
- It is the most ethnically diverse city in the nation. (Read the article.) Literally, God is bringing the nations to us.
- Due to its high rate of violent crimes, it has been listed on the top 10 list of the FBI’s most dangerous cities.
- Houston is also known as one of the major hubs in the world for sex trafficking. In fact, there are more brothels in the city than Starbucks.
- Houston is home to the largest abortion clinic in the Western Hemisphere. More than 8,000 abortions are performed each year in Houston.
How Can You Help?
We are looking for people to help in the following areas:
- People who would be willing to pray about joining our launch team.
- People who can give. Click here to give online.
- People who can pray.
On February 9, we will be hosting a special Vision Night where you can hear all about our new church. We would love for you to join us.
Click here to visit our Facebook Event Page.